Pollock Fish Pie Recipe
- Heat the oven to 355 °F/180 °C
- Pour the fish stock and milk into a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the pollock pieces and bay leaf and poach for 5 mins. Remove the fish pieces with a slotted spoon and keep to one side. Reserve the liqueur.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add the sliced leeks and cook for 5 minutes until the leeks are soft.
- Whilst still hot, add the flour, prawns, smoked salmon and stir well with a wooden spoon. Pour the fish liqueur into the pan and stir again, raise the temperature and cook for 3 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened. Turn the heat off. Remove the bay leaf. Add the fish, chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper. Leave to one side.
- Place the fish and sauce into an ovenproof dish, cover with a thick layer of mashed potato fluffed up with a fork or for a more professional look, pipe from a piping bag and large nozzle.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese if using.
- Put the dish onto a baking sheet and cook in the center of the preheated oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling beneath the potatoes. Serve immediately.
- 8 ½ fl oz/250 ml fish stock
- 8 ½ fl oz/250 ml milk + 2 tbsp for the potatoes
- 12 oz/350g pollock pieces
- Few pieces of smacked salmon and samll box of prawns
- 1 bay leaf
- 750g warm, creamed, mashed potatoes
- 2 oz/ 55g butter
- 1 medium sized leek, the white, washed and finely sliced
- 2 oz/ 55g all purpose/plain flour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Handful grated cheddar cheese (optional)