4 way amplifier
Seafood Chowder Recipe
- Place the onion, courgette and carrots in a pan with the wine and, if necessary, some water, until just covered. Cover and simmer gently for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Meanwhile, make a béchamel sauce base for the soup: Warm the milk and fish stock through in a pan with the onion, peppercorns and bay leaf until just coming to the boil.
- In a separate large pan, melt the butter and then gradually stir in the flour to make a roux. Remove from the heat. Strain the warmed milk and stock through a fine sieve into the roux mixture, a little at a time, stirring continuously until all the liquid is added and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Return the pan to a gentle heat and simmer for about 4-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add the cooked vegetables and any remaining liquid into the sauce. Gently stir in the fish and seafood and cook gently on a low heat for 3-4 minutes until all the fish is just cooked and the shellfish is heated through.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and garnish with the parsley. Serve immediately with the brown soda bread slices.